This exotic luxury car was built by Bobby Darin’s friend, Andrew Di Dia, a Detroit clothing designer. It took seven years to build (1953-1960) at a cost of $93,647. in 1957, Darin told Di Dia he would buy the car if he ever “hit it big.” He did and bought the car for $150,000 (1.5 million today) in 1961.
The car is powered by a 427 high-performance Ford engine with a 125-inch wheelbase. It’s metallic red paint was made with 30 coats of ground diamonds for sparkle.
Darin donated the car to the St Louis Museum of Transportation in 1970 where it remains. - wiki
The one and only Simca concept roadster was designed by Virgil Exner Jr. for his Master’s thesis at Notre Dame. Built on a 1950 Fiat chassis procured with the help of Dual-Ghia engineer Paul Farago, the car used Simca mechanical pieces and was wrapped in a streamlined, finned fiberglass body fabricated by Exner, Jr. himself at the Dual-Ghia assembly plant. It debuted in the April 1959 issue of Road & Track magazine and was shown by Simca to the public at the Paris International Motor Show later that same year. Later the car was sold to a Chrysler dealer and, in 1965, was bought by inventor/builder and Exner associate Beau Hickory, who added the panoramic Opel windscreen and central cockpit arch. Years after selling it, in 1984 Mr. Hickory found the Simca Special in a state of neglect and repurchased the car, which by then was powered by a 1.2 L 4-cylinder Datsun B210 engine. Hickory restored the Simca Special and drove it for many years around San Francisco. - BoldRideVia